Spring Cleaning is here! Welcome to Springdom, my motivational health and lifestyle months!
So you think natural cleaning is hard work right?
Cleaning with natural products may seem daunting initially however, once you have grasped the notion of healthy cleaning and
realise its health benefits you wont turn back!
Below are my simple tips to help make that swap a little easier
- Make it gradual... Don't go all out and change everything over at once. Choose one product a month, use it up and then buy an alternative
natural, healthy and eco-friendly product.
- Once you have started, invest in some good microfibre cloths. These are the key to easy cleaning with natural products, are washable and can last a long time. Make sure you wash these with a fragrance free, basic eco-friendly washing powder to avoid oil build up in the fabric. This will keep them streak free when cleaning.
- Give your natural products time to work. Surface sprays should ideally be
wiped off straight away once applied. For hard to clean surfaces such as
calcium build up, mould or discolouration let the products sit on the affected area to work it's magic. A good product should show some result after 5-10 minutes.
- If possible, (and I can hear some of you going 'Yeah right!') do daily quick cleans and ditch the 'built up like a bomb' clean. Every morning simple
things like wiping your kitchen bench, bathroom sink and squeegeeing your
glass screen after a sizzling hot shower can help reduce build up of grime
that will take longer to clean on your bulk cleaning days.
- Choose wisely! Not all natural products are made equally and still contain
nasty products. Although they may be good for the environment they
may not be good for your health!
But the key thing to take away is the feeling of satisfaction knowing you are choosing the better option for you and the family. Find the balance that works for you and make is sustainable. Anything is better than nothing all you have to do is start.
So what are you waiting for?
Pharmacist and Founder of Pure Home Body